For my birthday each year, I always spend it in another country. I try to go to places I’ve never been to. In 2012, I went to Thailand/Cambodia with family. In 2013, I went to Bali with friends. This year, I went to Taipei with my cousin. We bought our tickets from a seat sale early this year. ^^ I really enjoyed our Taipei trip and I can’t wait to blog about it!
Since I recently got my Canada visa and it’s still valid, I am eligible to apply for a visa online. The ROC (Taiwan) Travel Authorization Certificate is applicable for citizens of India, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines.
Effective August 08, 2013, Philippine passport holders are exempted from visa and are allowed to stay in the Republic of China (Taiwan) for thirty (30) days provided that they have never worked in Taiwan as blue-collar workers and are currently holding valid visas or permanent resident cards of U.S.A., Canada, Japan, U.K., EU Schengen, Australia and New Zealand.
Qualified applicants may register for approval at https://nas.immigration.gov.tw/nase . Upon obtaining approval, please print out the Authorization Certificate and present it to the airline staff upon checking in at counter. For those who fail to show valid visas or permanent resident cards of the above mentioned countries, ENTRY TO TAIWAN IS PROHIBITED.
VISA FREE TREATMENT FOR FILIPINOS
As of November 1, 2017, Filipinos do not need a visa anymore to visit Taiwan for 14 days. It has a 9 month trial until July 31, 2018 for a further review. Conditions still have to be met like having return tickets, 6 months passport validity and accommodation booking. You can read more here on the embassy website.
It looks like this:
I just presented it along with my passport and my Canadian tourist visa in the passport at Immigration.
This section can help you with information on Taiwan Tourist visa for Philippine passport holders. I actually had my application and requirements ready for the Taiwan visa. We were going to apply through an agency with my cousin. She went through with hers. I actually had all the requirements prepared just in case I didn’t get my Canada visa and had to apply for one.
- Fill out the online application form, then print it.
- Two (2) passport size photos 1.5”x2” with white background (taken w/in the last three (3) months)
- Passport valid for at least six months and old passport showing previous travels
- Birth Certificate issued by NSO
- Marriage Contract (if applicable) issued by NSO
- Certificate of Employment
- Financial statements of the applicant (Bank Book or Bank Statements)
- Traveling on BUSINESS, you must also submit:
A. Certificate of Business Name Registration and SEC Registration（If owner of the company）
B. Invitation Letter from Taiwan company / organization in Chinese letterhead that outlines clearly purpose of your visit and duration of your stay
C. Request letter from applicant’s company
D. Certificate of Employment
- Other Supporting Documents if required.
- All documents submitted to this office should be Original and with 1 photocopy
- The applicant will be scheduled for an interview （if required）
Visa Fee: P2,100.00 (Single entry)/ P4,200.00 (Multiple entry)
(NON-REFUNDABLE) payable upon filing of application
Processing Time : 3 Working days
Expedite Fee for single entry : P1,050.00 / Processing Time: 1 Working Day
Expedite Fee for Multiple entry : P2,100.00 / Processing Time: 1 Working Day
Filing Time : Monday to Friday 8:45AM to 11:45 AM
Releasing Time : Monday to Friday 1: 45PM to 4:45PM
NOTE: THIS OFFICE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO WITHHOLD THE REASON FOR THE DISAPPROVAL OF ANY VISA APPLICATION
1. Applicant who has been issued a tourist or business visa by U.S.A, Canada, Schengen Convention countries, U.K., Japan, New Zealand or Australia visa within a year, may be exempted from financial documents and certificate of employment, provided that he/she has never violated the laws and regulations of Taiwan or been refused a visa by an R.O.C. mission abroad.
2. Applicant who has visited Taiwan more than twice, maintaining his/her bank account (or spouse’s bank account) with a balance of at least one million pesos, may apply for a multiple tourist visa for a maximum validity of one year, provided that he/she has never violated the laws and regulations of Taiwan or been refused a visa by an R.O.C. mission abroad.
※The Consular Division of TECO may ask for additional documents depending on each case. Submission of requirements does not guarantee issuance of visa.
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office
41st Floor, Tower 1, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City
Telephone No. (02) 8876688; Fax No. (02) 8877828