I got it! Wohoo! I went to Manila yesterday for an appointment with my dermatologist about a laser procedure then I met up with my cousin to get my passport. I have it with me now. It’s the first visa I have on my current passport. I was actually thinking I might not get one because of the hostage situation that happened. I’m just really glad that we did get it.
I almost bought a Jansport traveling bag earlier.. but I’m glad I didn’t. I know I need it since I travel a lot but I’m still thinking if it is THE bag.
This is a great source for the list of requirements. Here are the Documents I submitted for a Tourist Visa:
- Applicant’s passport with blank pages and at least 6 months validity left before expiration.
- Photocopy of the emergency contact info page of the passport.
- A truly and completely filled application form affixed with one passport-size or 2×2 colored photo, with white background, full-face front view, and no hat. Photo must be glued on the application form. Stapled pictures will not be accepted. Scanned photos will also not be accepted.
- A copy of the round-trip plane ticket
- Hotel reservation
- Colored copies of previous Visa issued (ex. US, Canada)
- original NBI clearance valid for travel abroad. Make sure the seal is present and it’s thumb-marked. I had to resend this too.
- original bank certificate WITH THE RECEIPT. I made the mistake of not including it so I had to send it again.
- copy of DTI, Mayor’s Permit and ITR
- original TIN ID
- original BIR certificate for business and receipt of ITR.
We paid P2400. The visa application fee was P1400 and the agency fee was P1000.
China, here we come!